Through its Old Town AIR, or Artist in Residence, program, Bunnell Street Arts Center offers opportunities for visiting artists to create art for the area around the arts center and the Old Town neighborhood.
The art projects will be part of a neighborhood effort to address issues like speeding traffic and pedestrian access using public art, participatory events and installations. Old Town AIR seeks letters of interest (LOIs) for these projects:
• Murals and street mosaics, LOI due July 1;
• Landscape and garden design, LOI due Aug. 1;
• Permanent public art, LOI accepted now until Dec. 1;
• Art events such as dance, installation and performance, LOI accepted now until Dec. 1;
• Permanent installations of poetry, LOI accepted now until March 1, 2014; and
• Benches, signs, lighting and planters, LOI accepted now until March 1, 2014.
Bunnell will award a total of $70,000 for materials, artists’ fees and installation costs to be divided among at least five residencies.
Submit a one-page letter of interest with a draft budget and one page resume by email to email@example.com.