HCOA announces Art Awards
The Homer Council on the Arts announced the winners of the 2012 Art Awards. The awards are given annually for achievements in the arts. The winners are:
Arts Leadership/Advocacy: Bunnell Street Arts Center
• Arts Education: Carol Swartz
• Artist of the Year: Marian Beck
• Youth Artist of the Year: Drew Turner
• Lifetime Achievement: Gaye Wolfe
• Business Arts Patron: Era Alaska.
The awards will be given out at HCOA’s annual meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. Friday at its building on Pioneer Avenue. The meeting also includes voting for new board members, an annual report and a presentation about upcoming events.
A Facebook login using a real name is required for commenting. Respectful and constructive comments are welcomed. Abusers will be blocked and reported to Facebook.