The Homer Council on the Arts announced the winners of the 2012 Art Awards. The awards are given annually for achievements in the arts. The winners are:
Arts Leadership/Advocacy: Bunnell Street Arts Center
• Arts Education: Carol Swartz
• Artist of the Year: Marian Beck
• Youth Artist of the Year: Drew Turner
• Lifetime Achievement: Gaye Wolfe
• Business Arts Patron: Era Alaska.
The awards will be given out at HCOA’s annual meeting starting at 5:30 p.m. Friday at its building on Pioneer Avenue. The meeting also includes voting for new board members, an annual report and a presentation about upcoming events.