Homer Alaska - Police & Court Reports

Story last updated at 5:44 PM on Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Homer Police

Nov. 7

A caller at 10:36 a.m. asked for help with a disruptive man at a Hohe Street address. Police responded.

Alaska State Troopers at 3:37 p.m. reported seeing a man known to have a warrant for his arrest in the Lake Street area. Police responded and arrested a 55-year-old man.

A man at 5:15 p.m. reported someone got inside his unlocked car and stole items.

A person at 8:46 p.m. made a 911 call reporting that two men walked into her Svedlund Street apartment. Police arrested a 36-year-old man for trespassing.

Nov. 8

A caller at 9:55 a.m. asked police to do a welfare check on an absent employee. Police found the missing employee and determined the person was OK.

A caller at 10:20 a.m. reported a student pushed a school official up against the lockers at Homer High School. Police responded and took a boy into custody.

A caller at 3:06 p.m. reported finding a black Labrador retriever at large and unable to make contact with the owners. Police determined the person called from Homer City, Pa., and directory service connected them to the wrong police department.

Nov. 9

A caller at 12:43 a.m. reported an ongoing domestic dispute. Police responded and determined the incident did not rise to the level of a crime.

A man at 9 a.m. reported drug activity in the Homer area.

A church leader at 9:03 a.m. reported they were holding a youth activity that night and young people with adult escorts would be having an outside scavenger hunt.

A man at 11:25 a.m. reported fraud in regards to renting a home and sending payment.

Police at 4:20 p.m. assisted the Office of Children's Services at a home visit.

A man at 4:38 p.m. reported seeing possible aircraft distress signals across the bay. Police contacted the Federal Aviation Administration Flight Service and did not find any known aircraft emergencies.

A caller at 9:34 p.m. reported an incident occurred during a youth activity.

Nov. 10

A man at 2:58 p.m. asked for information regarding the use of pellet or BB guns inside city limits.

Nov. 11

A man at 10:47 a.m. reported discovering suspected child pornography.

A man at 2:35 p.m. reported leaving a large amount of cash at a Lake Street business by mistake.

A woman at 4:07 p.m. asked police to deliver an emergency message to her father. Police could not find the man.

A woman at 4:21 p.m. reported people possibly breaking into her home while she was away.

A woman at 6:43 p.m. reported she asked a customer to leave a Pioneer Avenue business. He left, came back and now refused to leave. Police responded.

A caller at 7:14 p.m. reported a man issued trespass notices from local bars was at an East End Road bar. Police responded and arrested a 36-year-old man for liquor license violations.

Several callers at 10:04 p.m. reported a neighbor shooting a gun in the Diamond Ridge Road area. Police responded and determined the call was unfounded.

Nov. 12

A caller at 1:50 p.m. reported a woman trespassing at a Svedlund Street address. Police responded. The woman was advised she was trespassing and she left the area on foot.

Several people at 1:41 p.m. made 911 calls that wind damaged the tsunami warning tower at Bishop's Beach. Police notified Kenai Peninsula Borough Maintenance.

Police at 7:05 p.m. issue a summons to a 21-year-old man for not having liability insurance.

A man at 8 p.m. made a 911 call of a power line down near the roadway on Bartlett Street.

A woman at 11:46 p.m. reported an assault at a Hohe Street address. Another caller at 11:59 p.m. reported seeing an assault but couldn't provide details. Police responded but could not find a victim.

Nov. 13

A woman at noon reported someone stole her bicycle the night before from her Landings Street home.

A person at 12:50 p.m. turned in a found tent.

A man at 6:12 p.m. reported someone shoots off fireworks every night between 9 and 10 p.m. in the Roger's Loop area.

A landlord at 6:27 p.m. reported finding blood on a stairway leading to a Lee Drive apartment. Police responded and did not find anyone home.