Homer Alaska - Police & Court Reports

Story last updated at 1:28 PM on Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Homer Police

July 30

A caller at 12:03 p.m. reported a lost passport.

A caller at 12:44 p.m. reported a lost purse.

A person at 2:01 p.m. made a 911 call of an erratic driver on Ocean Drive. Police could not locate the suspect driver.

Police at 5:30 p.m. assisted Alaska State Troopers in arresting an assault suspect. The suspect was taken to the Homer Jail.

A caller at 11:25 p.m. reported a possibly drunk man on his knees on the Pioneer Avenue sidewalk. The man was gone when police arrived.

July 31

A caller at 2:15 a.m. reported two men fighting on Pioneer Avenue. The men were gone when police arrived.

A man at 4:46 a.m. reported his roommate harassed him.

A harbor officer at 7:08 a.m. reported men staying in boats in the harbor without the permission of the boat owners and who might have stolen items. Police contacted the men and determined nothing had been stolen.

A woman at 7:34 a.m. asked police to check on her brother who made suicidal statements and might be in the Homer area.

A woman at 8:48 a.m. reported a loud rooster crowing early in the morning in the Mariner Drive area.

A caller at 11:40 a.m. reported the theft of a purse on the Spit.

A man at 11:40 a.m. reported a lost wallet.

Police at 3:30 p.m. served a temporary restraining order on a person.

A caller at 6:14 p.m. reported a large group of men fighting on the Spit. Police responded but could not find the men.

A man at 9:48 p.m. reported a driver swerving in a car and making a U-turn in the middle of Lake Street. Police could not find the driver.

Aug. 1

A caller at 1 a.m. reported men causing a disturbance at a Bunnell Avenue address who wouldnt leave when asked. Police responded and issued the men trespass notices.

Police at 2:02 a.m. checked an area on Beluga Place after seeing a suspect man from an earlier incident.

A caller at 7:58 a.m. reported a man sleeping in the entryway of the Homer Chamber of Commerce and Visitor Center. Police responded.

Police at 8:01 a.m. helped troopers in making a drunk driving arrest.

Police at 12:01 p.m. assisted a probation officer with a visit on a subject.

A caller at 1:10 p.m. reported people camping at an unoccupied and abandoned home on City View Avenue. Police responded.

A prisoner at 2:20 p.m. attempted to escape the Homer Jail, vandalizing the cell in the process. Police charged a 30-year-old man with attempted escape and third-degree criminal mischief.

A person at 3:19 p.m. made a 911 call that a black dog jumped out of a car and ran on the Sterling Highway toward the dump, causing a traffic hazard. Police notified the animal control officer.

A caller at 6:16 p.m. reported seeing a boy hanging from a light at the courthouse and that the light is now damaged. The boy later presented himself at the police station and reported the damage.

A man at 7:21 p.m. asked to speak to an officer about vandalism.

A caller at 9:38 p.m. reported a woman riding a bicycle in the oncoming lane who appeared to be having a hard time. Police could not find the woman.

A caller at 10:21 p.m. reported a man talking to himself outside an East End Road business. Police gave the man a courtesy ride to his hotel.

Aug. 2

Two callers in the Bonanza Avenue area at 1:18 a.m. and 1:21 a.m. reported loud music coming from a bar in the Pioneer Avenue area.

A woman at 10:23 a.m. reported her ex-husband threatening her over child visitation. The man left the area. Police responded.

A man at 12:37 p.m. reported a man previously issued a trespass notice from Safeway had returned. Police issued a 48-year-old man a summons for trespassing.

A man at 6:44 p.m. reported a two-car crash on the Spit Road with no injuries.

A person at 7:30 p.m. turned in a found wallet. The wallet was returned to the owner.

Police at 7:56 p.m. saw a man in need of medical attention outside a Spit bar. EMTs responded and took the man to South Peninsula Hospital.

A woman at 11:27 p.m. made a 911 call saying she was concerned about a man after being unable to contact him by phone. Police went to the mans home and did a welfare check. All was OK.