Homer Alaska - Police & Court Reports

Story last updated at 6:17 PM on Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Homer Police

Feb. 13

A woman at 3:07 p.m. reported her Ben Walters Lane home might have been broken into.

A woman at 4:45 p.m. reported her husband took an overdose of medicine. Troopers contacted the man and determined he was OK.

A woman at 5:10 p.m. reported three moose were stuck in a fenced yard on Kachemak Drive.

A woman at 6:37 p.m. reported a theft.

A caller at 8:37 p.m. reported harassing phone calls.

A woman at 9:45 p.m. asked police to do a welfare check on her daughter after receiving a threatening phone call from the daughters ex-boyfriend.

Feb. 14

Police at 8:47 a.m. contacted a person regarding a possible escalation of a domestic violence matter. Police issued a domestic violence restraining order to a subject.

A Homer High School official at 10:21 a.m. reported finding a suspect drug substance on a student and asked police for help in identifying it.

A caller at 12:05 p.m. reported about 25 juveniles at the end of FAA Road who might be involved in a fight. The caller also said cars left the scene. A high school official reported later that two boys had been involved in a fight.

Feb. 15

A Homer Volunteer Fire Department firefighter at 8:20 a.m. reported a school bus off the road on Heath Street near the police station and fire hall. Police responded. No one was injured and no students were on the bus.

A caller at 4:24 p.m. reported several juveniles at Karen Hornaday Park acting suspiciously, with one juvenile holding a foil-type sword.

Police at 10:28 p.m. contacted a drunk person at a Pioneer Avenue bar and told the person not to go to any more bars or liquor stores that night.

Feb. 16

A man at 4:02 p.m. came by the police station to pick up paperwork. Police arrested the man on an outstanding warrant.

A man at 5:28 p.m. reported two firearms stolen from his fishing boat.

Police at 7:53 p.m. assisted the Kenai Police Department in serving a search warrant.

Feb. 17

A woman at 10:09 a.m. reported her son ran away from home on Feb. 15.

A man at 11:19 a.m. reported a drunk man yelling outside a Ternview Place home. Police contacted the man and advised him to stop yelling.

A caller at 1:52 p.m. reported people riding snowmachines in a residential area on Fairview Avenue.

A woman at 1:58 p.m. came to the police station and reported her husband drove away from the post office and left her there.

A 52-year-old woman at 2:45 p.m. came to the police station and reported her husband assaulted her earlier. Police investigated and arrested the woman for fourth-degree assault, domestic violence.

A woman at 4:25 p.m. made numerous 911 calls that her neighbor was plowing on Nelson Avenue and blocked her trail. Police responded.

A man at 5:34 p.m. reported drug activity in the Main Street area.

Police at 11:57 p.m. issued a summons to an 18-year-old woman for failure to provide proof of insurance.

Feb. 18

A caller at 9:24 a.m. reported dogs harassing moose in the Svedlund Street area.

A man at 12:24 p.m. reported his 52-year-old wife tried to contact him. Police arrested her for violating conditions of release.

A woman at 12:43 p.m. reported a man working on a snowmachine at a Fairview Avenue address. She said she was concerned he would ride it in the area.

A caller at 6:09 p.m. reported a disabled moose in the road near Mile 170 Sterling Highway. Police responded and determined the moose was licking salt off the road.

A woman at 6:29 p.m. reported an eagle with a possible broken wing at Bishops Beach. Police left a message with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.

Police at 7:16 a.m. charged a 23-year-old man with witness tampering.

A caller at 12:54 p.m. reported a suspicious man walking alone the road on Heath Street with a knife. Police responded and determined all was OK.

Alaska State Troopers at 8:59 p.m. requested assistance with a prisoner at South Peninsula Hospital.

A caller at 11:36 p.m. reported a verbal domestic dispute at a Svedlund Street home. Police responded and while at the scene served a protective order.