Coaches needed for next school year
If you are looking to make a difference in the lives of Alaska’s students, consider applying for a coaching opportunity during the 2014-2015 school year at Homer High School:
Assistant swim coach, season begins Aug. 11 and ends Nov. 8;
Assistant volleyball coach, season begins Aug, 11 and ends Nov. 15;
Head Nordic ski coach, season begins Nov. 3 and ends Feb. 21;
Assistant Nordic ski coach, season begins Nov. 3 and ends Feb. 21.
Job qualifications include being able to work as a team leader and coordinate the program with the building wide academic and co-curricular programs. Applicants should have experience in coaching the sport and have a current CPR and first aid certification.
Coaches are responsible for:
• Implementing a coaching philosophy that promotes the expectations of high school athletics and activities;
• Training athletes and preparing them for interscholastic competition and developing their skills at a competitive level responsible for the inventory, ordering, program budget, and program evaluation;
• Enforcing discipline, nurturing student needs, and modeling sportsman-like behavior at all times;
• Working within the ASAA/KPSAA rules and philosophy for extracurricular activities as stated in the ASAA/KPSAA manual;
• Working under direct supervision of the building administrator.
Applicants must have a current ASAA Coach Certification and verification of approved concussions awareness course on/or before the first contract day.
Application can be done online at kpbsd.k12.ak.us/jobs.aspx?category=Co-Curricular.
Applications will be taken until the positions are filled.
For more information, contact Sunny Mall at 235-4662.
A Facebook login using a real name is required for commenting. Respectful and constructive comments are welcomed. Abusers will be blocked and reported to Facebook.