Arktikos wins Sourdough Cup
Saturday, May 28 brought nice weather and good winds for the Homer Yacht Club’s Sourdough Cup. Captain Hal Smith captured the top place in Saturday’s race.
Seven sailboats enhanced the beauty of Kachemak Bay with fair seas and 15 knot winds, making for a fast race. Captain Hal Smith in Arktikos led the whole race, followed by Martha J and Nereus. After race handicaps were calculated, the win went to Arktikos, with Dolphin in second and Lula B in third.
The next Homer Yacht Club race is the Cooney Cup to Seldovia on June 11.
Official Final Results:
1. Arktikos - Captain Hal Smith
2. Dolphin - Captain Rick Foster
3. Lula B - Captain Chris Young
4. Nereus - Captain Erik Pullman
5. Martha J - Captain Carlin Rauch
6. Arctica - Captain Craig Forrest
7. Pegasus - Captain Johann Willrich
A Facebook login using a real name is required for commenting. Respectful and constructive comments are welcomed. Abusers will be blocked and reported to Facebook.