The Kachemak Bay Campus, Kenai Peninsula College-University of Alaska Anchorage, has announced the 2014 commencement will be at Homer High School’s Mariner Theatre at 7 p.m. May 7.
This year’s keynote speaker is Shannyn Moore, a Homer-raised national and Alaska news commentator and columnist, KBC announced in its press release. Karmen Classen will be the student speaker.
The University of Alaska Board of Regents, Kirk Wickersham and UAA Provost Elisha Baker will confer the following degrees:
• Kenai Peninsula College Associate of Arts Degree: Jesse Bolt, Karmen Classen, Rachel Coe, Adam DePesa, Robert Eagan, Paul Eneboe, Corrie Haigh, Victoria Weakland;
• Associate of Applied Sciences Occupational Safety and Health: Rochelle McAlexander;
• Associate of Applied Science in Nursing: Halee Bradshaw, Christine Kulcheski, Torrina Logan, Lynette Lowe, Melisa Miller, Carol Standaert;
• Bachelor of Arts in English: Brian Ritchie;
• Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: Mindy Lewis-Parks, Melody Ramsey, Elikonida Reutov, Amy Smith;
• Bachelor of Arts in Elementary Education: Emily Chalup;
• UAS Master of Arts in Teaching-Elementary Education: Lenore Swanson.
Those earning their GED high school equivalency diploma include: Darin Baines, Joleen Bannon, Michael Basargin, Jessica Boyce, Bill Brown, Vanessa Emery, Sierra Hargett, Sofia Martushev, Kyle Mattson, Darci Millspaugh, Francesa Mireles Estrada, Cameron Newland, Sarah Pedrick.
The public is welcome to attend to celebrate and honor the accomplishments of these graduates.