The Friends of the Homer Library, with support from the Homer Chamber of Commerce and the Alaska Small Business Development Center, announces BIZ-Idea 2012, a contest to encourage new business ideas in Homer and the surrounding area.
Prize money will be awarded for the three winning entries, and also there will be the opportunity to learn more about small business plans and preparation.
There is no entry fee, and people may submit as many entries as they wish. The first place winner will receive $1,000 in prize money; second place, $650; and third place, $350. Two honorable mentions also will be named. The winners will be encouraged to write business plans for their ideas. The plans will be distributed to potential funding sources.
Rules of the contest include:
• The business idea cannot be for an
• BIZ-Ideas must be submitted by
5 p.m. Nov. 1.
• Entrants must be a resident of the Kenai Peninsula as of Nov. 1
• A BIZ-Idea Contest application form must accompany each business idea.
• Entrants can be any age.
• Ideas and application forms must be submitted via email only to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
• The judges’ decisions are final.
Application forms and contest rules are available at the Homer Public Library, the Homer Chamber of Commerce and from www.friendshomerlibrary.org.